The Nestomalt Cycling Challenge 2022 concluded successfully last Sunday (28), powering the ambitions of over 400 aspiring cyclists from around the country. Organized by the Cycling Federation of Sri Lanka under the guidance of the Ministry of Youth and Sports for the second consecutive year, the event was sponsored by the ‘Good food, Good life’ company’s flagship brand – Nestlé Nestomalt.
Photo Caption: Participants in action
“For decades, Nestlé Nestomalt has energized Sri Lankan athletes to be 100% ready in body and mind. Staying true to our brand’s purpose of powering progress, we are pleased to collaborate with the Cycling Federation of Sri Lanka yet again, to provide a platform for our talented cyclists to showcase their skills, paving the way to fast-track their professional cycling careers.’ said Ruwan Welikala, Nestlé Lanka's Vice President – Dairy.
The Nestomalt Cycling Challenge held for the first-time last year, helped revive sporting activities in the country which were on hold due to the pandemic. Following its roaring success, the organizers have decided upon conducting the event annually to further strengthen professional cycling in Sri Lanka.
Seven races took place at Viharamahadevi Park, Colombo, amidst the cheer of enthusiastic spectators.
Photo Caption: Winners of the Elite Women race with the presentation party (from left to right): Mr. Sajeewa Wickramasinghe, Senior Manager – Sales Promotions, Nestlé Lanka; General Palitha Fernando, President, Sri Lanka Athletic Association; Rtd. Air Vice Marshal Kithsiri Leelaratne; Ms. Radhini de Costa, Assistant Vice President – Communications, Nestlé Lanka; Mr. Nalin Adhikaraarachchi, Secretary, Sri Lanka Cycling Federation.Results:
- H.K.N.L. Wanshappriya, 58:45, Sri Lanka Army
- Dilshan Vijitha Kumara, 58:45, Sri Lanka Army
- Chamara Madushan, 58:45, Sri Lanka Army
- L. Deshan Kavnida, 44:11, Fun Bee Cycling Club
- W.H.A. Sachin Umesh, 44:11 Kadirana Speed Cycling Club
- Javinda Dilshan 44:11, Boralesgamuwa Cycling Club
- Madumali Fernando, 51:29, Sri Lanka Army
- Anne Shenali, 51:29, Sri Lanka Navy
- Sulochana Panchali, 51:30, Sri Lanka Air Force
- Shehal Chamed De Silva, 56:12, Sri Lanka Ports Authority
- A.P.D. Saranga Perera, 56:12, Sri Lanka Army
- K.T. Kosgodage, 56:27, Sri Lanka Army
- Avishka Madonza, 1:06:03, Sri Lanka Army
- H.W.M. Sandaruwan Pinthu, 1:06:03, Sri Lanka Army
- Prabash Madusanka, 1:06:03, Sri Lanka Navy
Over 40 Men
- L. Susanth Silva, 47:28, Super Sprint
- A. Geethakantha De Silva, 47:28, Super Sprint
- Subash Manjula, 47:28, Kelani Cycling Club
Over 50 Men
- Prasanna Madonza, 45:12
- W. Rohitha, 45:12
- H. Eric Iran, 45:22, Kalani Cycling Club
Featured image Photo Caption: Winners of the Junior Men (Under 19) race with the presentation party (from left to right): Mr. Bandula Egodage, Vice President - Corporate and Regulatory Affairs, Nestlé Lanka; Mr. Ruwan Welikala, Vice President - Dairy, Nestlé Lanka; Mr. Jason Avancena, Managing Director, Nestlé Lanka; Dr. Amal Harsha, Secretary, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports; General Palitha Fernando, President, Sri Lanka Athletic Association.
පුවත් නිවේදනය සිංහලෙන් කියවන්න