Kitchen Tips n Tricks
The following are some useful tips to make your life easier in the kitchen:
- To retain the crunchiness of biscuits, keep a blotting paper at the bottom of the container.
- To avoid browning of apples once cut, apply some lime on the cut surfaces or put into a container with water and lime juice.
- If you find lime hard to squeeze, dip in warm water for 5- 10 minutes which will make it easy.
- When boiling noodles/ spaghetti, wash with cold water after boiling for easy strand separation.
- Cover unripe fruits with a newspaper and leave it for 2-3 days or keep a ripe fruit along to accelerate the ripening process.
- Check the freshness of eggs before cooking by immersing them in water. If it sinks, it is of good quality and if it floats then better not to use it.
- Do not re-use the oil for frying purposes. Use it once and throw away the left over.
- Add 2-3 cloves to your sugar bottle to keep it away from ants.
- Add a bit of oil when roasting chili powder to prevent you from coughing.
- To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.