Physical exercise benefits every part of the body including your mind. A balanced diet combined with proper exercise is the ideal way of maintaining your body weight in a healthy manner.
However when it comes to exercising, we often put if off thinking, "I don't have time" or "I'm too tired today." Making exercise a priority is not all that easy, especially when you have just started incorporating it into your lifestyle. However, with the rising trend of people becoming overweight or even obese, it’s now become essential that we don’t let any obstacle, least of all our lack of will, stand in the way of maintaining a physically active lifestyle.
Below are a few examples of common setbacks and possible solutions:
- "I have so much on my "to do" list": Plan ahead. Make physical activity a regular part of your daily schedule by writing it on your calendar.
- "I'm so tired when I get home from work”: Identify and schedule physical activity for periods during the day or week when you most feel energetic.
- "I don't have anyone to go with me": Join a group session or develop new friendships with physically active colleagues.
- "I might hurt myself": Consult a health professional to learn how to exercise appropriately in consideration of your age, fitness level, skill level and existing health status.
- "I'm not interested in learning something new": Select activities requiring routine skills such as brisk walking, climbing stairs or jogging.
So go ahead, rid yourself of all the above obstacles and take on the new challenge of staying physically fit! It’s time to experience a healthier and better YOU!