Caring for eyes includes paying attention to nutrition. Various research findings have revealed that there’s a strong relation between good nutrition and prevention of age related eye diseases.
It reveals that eating variety of food rich in following nutrients can protect or slow down vision loss of aging.
- Antioxidants –Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are natural organic compounds in fruits
and vegetables such as Spinach, Broccoli, Green beans, Peas,
Corn, Orange, tangerine, etc.
- Vitamin A – fish, meat, eggs, yellowish colour fruits and vegetables, dark
green leafy vegetables
- Vitamin C –Fruits and vegetables including Orange, Strawberry,
Grapefruit, Papaya, Tomato
- Vitamin E – Vegetable oils such as Corn oil, Sunflower oil, Almonds, Cashew
nuts, Sweet potatoes
- Zinc - Red meat, poultry, liver, shellfish, milk, whole grains