To Press Releases listFeb 20, 2015
Enhanced efforts at driving Nutrition, Health and Wellness leadership
- Revenue of LKR 8.0 billion for Q4, and LKR 32.9 billion for year ending 31 December 2014
- Profit after tax of LKR 615 million for Q4 and LKR 3.8 billion for year ending 31 December 2014
- Second interim dividend of LKR 28.50 per share and proposed final dividend of LKR 28.00 per share; Total dividend for 2014 to be LKR 68.50 per share
- Recognised as a leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company in Sri Lanka by consumers
- Celebrated 30 years of empowering Sri Lankan dairy farmers with the felicitation of 1,200 farmers
- Maintains position as largest private sector collector of local fresh milk
- Contribution of over LKR 5 billion to the rural economy through procurement of agri-based raw materials
Leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company, Nestlé Lanka PLC, posted a revenue of LKR 8.0 billion for Q4. The company recorded a revenue of LKR 32.9 billion and a growth of 6.4% for the full year ending 31 December 2014.
The company posted a profit of LKR 615 million for Q4 and a profit of LKR 3.8 billion for the year ending 31 December 2014, an increase of 14.2% from the previous year, supported by efficient management of the portfolio and value chain optimisation.
The Board approved a second interim dividend of LKR 28.50 per share on 19 February 2015 and has proposed a final dividend of LKR 28.00 per share for the year ended 31 December 2014, to be approved at the company’s Annual General Meeting to be held on 12 May 2015.
“Despite prevailing market conditions posing significant challenges in 2014, the company continued to deliver a stable and consistent performance. We invested in enhancing the presence of our brands, and building the capabilities of our people. We continued on our mission to be a leader in Nutrition, Health and Wellness in Sri Lanka by providing our consumers with tasty and balanced food and beverages through innovation and renovation, and creating awareness on the importance of an active lifestyle,” said Shivani Hegde, Managing Director of Nestlé Lanka PLC.
The company continued to enhance the nutritional profile of its products through micronutrient fortification and drove focused communication conveying the importance of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, through initiatives like the Nestlé Mobile Wellness Unit, which actively interacted with over 40,000 consumers island-wide. Significantly, Nestlé Lanka was recognised as a leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company in Sri Lanka by consumers as per ‘The Corporate Brand Equity Monitor’ survey.
Nestlé Lanka also celebrated 30 years of empowering Sri Lankan dairy farmers with the felicitation of 1,200 of its farmers for their outstanding contribution to local dairy development. This coincided with the celebration of the 30 year anniversary of the Nestlé Lanka manufacturing facility in Pannala, Kurunegala.
The company continued its commitment towards local rural development by way of procuring raw material, primarily fresh milk and coconuts for its products from over 23,000 farmers, marking a contribution of over LKR five billion in 2014.